Thursday, October 22, 2009

Headed east



Tomorrow I leave for Soroti, which is in eastern Uganda and is much more rural than where I live now. The family I will be living with will not have electricity or running water and they will have a latrine (most likely far from the home) and will eat with their hands. I am really looking forward to not only the new experience but also the break from classes and writing papers.

I will not have any contact, phone or internet, with anyone besides my family for a week and I will be away from UCU for ten days so this is my last post for a while.

Please pray for our safety while traveling six hours to get there, that I get along well with my family, and that I handle the language barrier well as it is unlikely that most of my family will speak English.



(This is me with some of the students of Off Tu Academy)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Faithie!!!
    We love you and we are praying for you today!
    Love all of the Kowalicks!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that this will have some really, really tough moments, but in the long run will be the most unforgettable experience of your life. God will give you the strength you need minute by minute. Stay in the Word! (By the way, this is Natalie from the SWK Office. MaamBah is my African name).

    ReplyDelete