Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Five, Four, Three, Two, One!

I am leaving for Uganda in five days!

Q. Are you excited?
A. Umm, I guess. Dictionary.com definition of excited is: stirred emotionally; agitated. On second thought, maybe not. I know that I will be stirred emotionally but as of yet, I'm not. I'm also not agitated, though lately I have been sad thinking about what I will be missing while I am in Uganda: three weddings, one baby being born, my brother coming home on leave, and many friends at school that I haven't seen since May!

Q. Are you ready?
A. Not yet, but I will be. I have been slowly accumulating everything I will need and have gotten great deals on suitcases and shoes, yay! I still have a lot of little things to get and I still need to get my meningitis immunization :( But my list is manageable so I know I will be ready by Monday.

I know that I am ready spiritually, especially after five weeks at camp. I learned during those weeks that God, and only God, can equip me and prepare me for anything. I consider the work I did to have been good and successful and instead of being prideful because of what I did, I have been blessed to realize how powerful and great my God is. My favorite song at camp is Only You:

W: Only You M: Can shake the mountains
W: Only You M: Can calm the oceans
W: Only You M: Can hold the heavens.
All: In the palm of your hand.

M: Tell me who W: Can look inside me
M: Tell me who W: Can purify me
M: Tell me who W: Still loves me deeply
All: More than I understand...only You.

With a word You spoke the heavens into place
Scattered the stars and gave the earth it's frame.
What is man that You should touch him with Your grace?
And who am I, O God, that You should know my name?

I want this to be my prayer and my meditation for my entire trip. That I would be constantly reminded of who I am and who God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment